Wednesday, March 24, 2010

compooper


Alas, My compooper is slowly dying. Likely a slow painful death. I only know this b/c the poor thing begins to make very loud fan noises and gets very very hot. I could probably cook bacon on it.
My computer is the one we bought when Curtis got into the Accounting program in college. When he decided this one was outdated for what he needed a few years later, I inherited it. And I've used it lovingly since. It has been good to me over the years. Held all my special pictures safe, kept all my programs running (sometimes with a glitch, but come on, who doesn't make mistakes?), It has done a great job for what I've needed it for.
It still has a time left... but I'm trying to plan ahead for the dreaded day.
Do I bury it? Do I strip it of it's dignity and give it a home in the top of a closet? Do I trade it in for credit at Costco (probably very little - though i think it is worth millions, i think costco would give me $8 or so), maybe make a centerpiece for the table out of it (now that is a little overboard)...
poor compooper. you've given me much.

4 comments:

  1. The main thing is to back your stuff up now! Don't wait! (Maybe you already have, and if you have, GOOD JOB!) Take it from the wife of a computer guy - back it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep back it up :) LOVED the post... gave me a good laugh hope that's ok ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya! they totally do! for several electronic things. check their website!

    ReplyDelete