Friday, March 19, 2010

today


I got up this morning and had an itch to cut the grass. So I did. Brooke helped. I love cutting the grass in lines like this. It makes me feel like things are a little more orderly. Is that weird?

So we watered a few plants, swept off the driveway and porch and moved onto the backyard.

Brooke & Landon cleaned all the toys off the grass so I could mow it. The front yard still has winter grass doing quite well b/c it's mostly shaded still. The backyard (we didn't put winter grass there this year) has summer grass coming in already. Albeit, patchy and weedy... but it's coming in. I mowed it and it felt good. Why do I like yard work so much?

Then we planted the flowers and tomato plants Curtis' mom gave us. She is so nice to share. We didn't have to water them much b/c it was about to rain. So we cleaned up, went inside and made the chocolate cookies I owed the girls for jumping in the pool yesterday.

I'll post about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment