Monday, March 22, 2010

swimming


it was 80 degrees last week. the kids were sweating while they were outside. One decided she wanted to go swimming. There was no chance i was taking all the kids swimming. One, because the pool is not heated & Two b/c I was not going with all of them myself.


The oldest bartered her way around $5 if she jumped in all the way down to 10 double chocolate cookies. (I'm not sure which is better). My sister was there and said she'd take her the next afternoon. (thank goodness for sisters!)

The next day rolls around. It's all they could talk about. I told them to put their swimsuits on (by this point number 2 decided she wanted a go at the pool too.) Oh, the poor swimsuits were definitely outdated and sized a bit too small. My sister showed up and off they were to the pool.

I was sure they would come back ice cubes.

I was wrong. They jumped in and swam around a while. I suppose I forgot what it was like to be that age and beg to go swimming regardless of the weather. The rule growing up was that it had to be 80 degrees out. I think I'll change it to 85 or I may walk home icicle like.

I made 20 (and a few more) double chocolate cookies the next day and paid up.

3 comments: