Monday, March 15, 2010

more eyes


Went to the eye dr. the other day.
My contacts have been bothering me. not so much in one eye. but the other.
I have an astigmatism in one eye, so that contact is a toric and has weights on it. Ya, the astigmatism eye lifts weights all day long. It's pretty buff.
That eye, the buff one, quit working out lately - or has been working out overtime {i haven't figured out which one it is}. The contact keeps spinning in my eye - creating a very messy picture in one eye and a clear picture in the other. Resulting in one of the most instant headaches one could imagine.
Further results - I've been wearing my glasses more {I will not go into how much I truly dislike wearing glasses...it's like one constant headache the whole time they are on. If I wasn't so terrible at relating pain to taking medicine, one could almost guarantee I've been living on tylenol for the times glasses are on my face. that is how much i dislike them}
So, with almost 2 full boxes of contacts unopened, I broke down and went to an eye doctor. A new one. She was fabulous. Uncanny, full of spice, and pregnant. Every word that came out of her mouth directly related to pregnancy - I can relate to that.
So when she told me that my eyes are cone shaped, we talked about ice cream.
it was great.
I told her about my buff eye. I told her it was sick and tired of the wimpy weights from the other contacts. 5lbs is doing nothing for the biceps. So we're changing the brand of contact and changing the axis. I've got 3 spankin' new contacts to try over the next month. I hope the buff eye knows what to do.
i didn't know my eyes were so strangely shaped. Other contacts have always fit well, until 6 or so months ago. hmmm... back to pregnancy. that is a possibility - PREGNANCY. stranger things have happened I suppose. (for the record, girls give me no cavities but stronger eye prescriptions. Boys give me cavities or broken teeth & better eyes - 100% true)
**this was such a fun appointment that it would have been fun to bring my grandma in with me. she has graves disease and it caused her eyes to buldge. she gives cone-shaped eyes new meaning.**

3 comments:

  1. Okay...so your buff eye needs a better work out? And maybe you are pregnant? I hope you get those things figured out! When ya do! Let me know! :) Hope the new contacts work great and the headaches are gone....Oh...and that you get an ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh girl! That was HILARIOUS, I pray your eye will get off it's socket and start working out again. It must have hit a wall and hasn't had the will power to start again. Hopefully the new contacts will get it going again. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're not private anymore! I didn't want to fill like a stalker and take up one of your invites, but it's fun to keep up on old friends' happenings! I am also such a social person in my old age (me, not you) and refuse to privatize my blog....

    Anyways, this is funny, but here is my most serious recommendation (that you didn't ever ask for) - get Lasik. It's a great time because the doctors want your business so they will make great deals (true story) - Cathy Drysdale got hers done for around $100-$200 per eye. Anyways - just do it! :) Best thing I ever did. Saves money compared to glasses and contacts. (and ask your accountant hubby - write off on medical expenses, plus use a flex-spending account and you'll wonder why you waited so long) :)
    AND I need some vinyl and should call you.
    AND I was over at a little party in your neighborhood today. I think my friend said you used to be in her ward before a split ?! Anyways, fun times. (Sorry to be so long-winded. I can't help it!)

    ReplyDelete